Friday, September 17, 2010

Laundry Room decor

I wanted to add some color to my laundry room, but nothing permanent. I went to Home Depot and bought a scrap piece of "puzzle board" that happened to be the exact size I wanted. I don't know the technical term for it, but it's smooth on one side and has an unfinished soft back side....like in the old wooden puzzles we use to play with.

Here's what I did:
I painted the entire board white.
Using different size dining plates and lids I traced circles on my board. (make sure some go off the edge)
Then I used 3 different colors of tole paint from Walmart and filled in my circles.
I debated on hanging it vertical or horizontal...horizontal won. :) I used Mirror hangers to attach it to the wall. I love the way it turned out, and that it's not painted on the wall. I can take it down whenever I want.

If you wanted to you could use embroidery hoops to give it some depth, or you could even make a frame to hold it in. A finished project with the hoops can be seen here.

I also added some vinyl:













I loved both of these vinyl signs. I thought the laundry logos were so unique and I fell in love with the Laundry Room sign. My friend Lexi at www.ramblingsvinyl.blogspot.com made them for me. She's amazing, she can do anything.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read every single one.