Thursday, February 10, 2011

DIY Thrifty Thursday

What to do with a single curtain panel.....

Heather, one of my wonderful readers, submitted a DIY project that I absolutely loved!   It was a great use of an odd item, she got it on clearance PLUS used a 20% off coupon!!  You go girl!  Here's here story:

I went to BBBeyond and hit the clearance section, found a single panel curtain for $4.00.  I always wondered what people do with ONE panel (84" long) of curtain?  The price was right and even better when I used one of my 20% off coupons.  I went home with it and came up with this idea:

My 3 year old daughter loves puppets and doing puppet shows for me and her little brother.  So I cut a 12 x 15 inch hole out of the curtain, added some creative love (binding around the raw edges and miniature stage curtains) and turned it into a puppet show curtain.  My daughter loves it and plays with it all the time.  I attached some photos for you to see of it in use and when not in use (I had my husband hang a curtain hook if you were wondering).


And here is her creative project:
 And when it's not in use it tucks neatly out of the way.
How awesome it that?  Who knew a doorway could be so fun?!?


Thanks for submitting that Heather!  Be sure to grab an "I was featured" button in the right margin.


If you have a project you would like featured on DIY Thrifty Thursday email it to me at livingthrifty101.blogspot.com

**And while you are here, check out the new "  GIVEAWAY"   tab at the top.  I have 2 AMAZING giveaways that end Friday and Saturday.  Be sure you get your entries in! :)
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. what a clever idea! i would have loved one of these as a little girl, sadly with my little boy of it isn't a train he doesn't want to know!
    come visit my giveaway
    Leigh at The Sewing Diva

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read every single one.