- 3 boys (11,8,5) don't fit well sideways on a Queen size bed...they fight over the covers.
- It snows in Arizona. (who knew?)
- Boys will get their shoes soaking wet no matter how much they are told to not "step in the puddles, and stay out of the snow"
- It's good to break a trip into sections, especially when each destination is 5 hours apart.
- Cup of Noodles "Don't have that much flavor"......"I know, but it's food and it's cheap, so eat it." HA HA
- 3 Nintendo DS systems are now a necessity on our road trips.
- .....as are "air sick" bags. (we didn't have to use them, but there were a few "false alarms"
- There are not women walking around Colorado City in pioneer outfits with hair braided below their waste......believe me.....I looked. :) (although it was a Sunday when we drove through, they were probably in church.) ;)
- National Parks are not crowded when the US Government threatens to close them 2 days before you arrive.
- When your GPS unit says you will arrive at noon in Arizona, it neglects to tell you that Arizona is on PST this time of year and you really have another hour's worth of driving. :(
- Ground floor rooms when you are traveling with kids are AWESOME! No more yelling "STOP JUMPING AND RUNNING AROUND, THERE ARE PEOPLE BELOW US!"
- Whomever came up with the "Jr. Ranger" program for kids at all National Parks was a genius! (more on that later)
- Neighbor's kids that feed your cats and pick up your multiple Sunday papers are AWESOME!!!
Friday, April 15, 2011
Things I've learned over Spring Break
So my Spring Break is coming to an end. :( We've had a ton of fun together as a family and made some great memories. I wanted to share a few things I've learned over the past week: