Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Guest Blogger, Thrifty Kids Boredom busters!

Hi, I'm Laura, from Come Together Kids and I'm thrilled that Michelle invited me to stop by today.  On my blog, I share some of the many ways my kids and I have come together through projects, crafts, activities and trips.  I've always considered myself a thrifty person, but now as a stay-at-home mom to three kids, I've had to become even more resourceful.  I love to find things to do that are inexpensive and easy, yet still really fun and enjoyable.

If you're looking for some fun ways to keep busy this summer, here are five really cool activities you can try.  None of them cost more than $5 for the supplies (most even less) and you'll be rewarded with happy kids and lots of smiles!



With just a few ingredients 
that you probably already have in your pantry, 
you can have an easy and inexpensive way 
to decorate your sidewalk or driveway!



A good water balloon fight is a great way 
to cool off and have fun in the summer.  
Unfortunately, it takes you 30 minutes to fill all the balloons 
and then they're all gone in less than 5.
These fun spongeballs reverse those numbers ~
they take about 5 minutes to make and 
the kids will have 30 minutes (or more!!) of fun.



You can do this anytime of year, 
but it's a great boredom buster in the summertime! 
Plus, it's just a bit dangerous,
which makes it even more appealing to your kids.


4.  GAK!
This fun substance is easy to make 
and will keep kids (and even adults) entertained for hours!
Seriously, put this on your MUST DO list for the summer.



Even though we initially did this project in the winter, 
it's really well-suited for summer fun.
It can get a little messy, but the kids love it 
and the results are really cool.

How fun are these ideas!?  Thank you Laura for sharing them with us!  Be sure to check out her blog for other fun creative ideas.
If you have any fun Kids Summer Boredom Buster ideas, link them up in our SUMMER BOREDOM BUSTER link party HERE.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read every single one.