Monday, February 7, 2011

Game Day cupcake toppers

I brought "Game Day Cupcakes" to our Superbowl party this year.  I used the same directions I did in my "Homemade Cupcake Topper" post.  I found some team logos online, printed them off using our color printer, punched them out with my square punch, punched a back color (Black and Green) and glued a toothpick in between.
 They turned out really well and I got a comment of "You made these?  I thought you bought them!" :)



To do the "swirled" green and yellow "Packer" cupcakes I painted (with a new dollar store type paint brush...like you would buy your kids) the inside of my pastry bag with alternating green and yellow stripes.  I added the white frosting and as it went down the bag and out the tip, it picked up the coloring along the way.  So when it gets piped out, it is striped.

I've been wanting to try this stripped frosting for a long time.  I got a ton of compliments on how neat it looked.  And for the record, yes, I know the Steelers do not have brown in their color scheme.  I already had yellow for the Packers, I didn't want to stain my mom's carpet with red frosting (there were a lot of kids at our party) and seriously....how appetizing is a black frosted cupcake?  I opted for chocolate on a yellow cupcakes.  ☺
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read every single one.