Wednesday, May 4, 2011

How to delete annoying Facebook Apps that ask for access to info


There have been quite a few Facebook deals lately that require access to your personal info before you get the deal you are seeking.  I thought now might be a good time to re-post this tutorial.  I just deleted 8 unwanted apps from my account.
 
Do you get annoyed with Facebook applications that state that you "Must allow access to personal information" before you use their site or enter their giveaways?  If it's a company I trust I will allow it, but I was talking to a friend yesterday about what info they are "accessing" and how long they have access to that info.  If I "Unfriend" them, can they still access my info?

I came across this awesome tutorial yesterday from Freebies 4 Mom.  She tells you how to delete the applications from your account so they no longer have access to your information.  The steps are simple and her tutorial has pictures and everything.  The short version is:
  1. Click on Account
  2. Click on Privacy Settings
  3. Click on Apps and Websites on the bottom left
  4. Click Edit Settings or if a list of the apps comes up, you can skip this part
  5. Click on the small X on the right of each app listed that you want to cancel.
That's it!
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. wow i thought i didnt have any but there were 21 on there! scary.

    Come visit my blog at:
    Leigh at The Sewing Diva

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read every single one.