Friday, April 15, 2011

Easter Topiary with Peeps

I made these cute Easter Topiary that I saw over at A Pumpkin and a Pricess:
To make these, you will need:
  • 1, 5" embroidery hoops (or whatever size you want, I used a 5" for each flower)
  • Wooden dowel (I used a 1/4 inch one I bought at Walmart for .37)
  • Green paint to paint the dowel like a stem
  • Peeps Chicks in any color you want
  • Some kind of pot to put them in
  • Floral or styrofoam
  • Easter Grass
  • Hot Glue
To start off, take the little "bolt" out of the hoop and hot glue your dowel in place and hold till dry.

Paint your dowel green after it's attached to the hoop.

Then start gluing your Peep Chicks around the hoop.  I kept mine attached and just bent them around the circle as I glued.  I used 2 1/2 packages on each topiary.
 Place some floral foam (or Styrofoam) in your container and insert your flower stem.  Add Easter grass on top to cover up the foam.
Pin It!

1 comment:

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read every single one.