Wednesday, September 21, 2011

"I'm going to be RICH!!!"

I was on my computer earlier today when I heard my 5 year old son say "I'm going to be rich!"

I got a little dis-heartened thinking about how the world is for him and how everything is based on money. How when I was little no one had portable electronics and the kid in the neighborhood that was envied was the kid with the puncher proof tires on his bike. We weren't flooded with toy commercials in between our Saturday morning cartoons....see, we didn't have cable with Disney, Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network streaming cartoons at all hours of the day, we actually played outside all day.

As I'm reminiscing about innocence lost, I turn around to look at my son who is doing this:
He's following a treasure map on a Sponge Bob blanket.

Guess I was thinking a little too deep on this one. ;)
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read every single one.