Friday, February 18, 2011

Recent Best Buy experiences

I just wanted to share a few experiences I've had recently at Best Buy.

We bought a camera last October.  Within a few months it had gotten lint in the lens to where you can see it in some photos.  I contacted the manufacturer who said it was still under warranty and if I had the receipt I could mail it in and get a new one sent out to me.

GREAT!!!! But I looked everywhere and could not find the receipt!  That's where Best Buy comes in.

I called their 800 number and told the rep I needed a copy of my receipt.  He asked for my REWARDS ZONE number and the month purchased.  Within 30 seconds he has the receipt pulled up, and emails it to me.  I sent my camera, receipt and necessary paperwork into the manufacturer and got my new camera mailed to me a week later with no problems.

The other experience I had was today.  I logged into my REWARDS ZONE account and it said the 250 point I had saved had expired.  250 points gets you a $5 gift card.  I went to print my gift card and my balance said zero. I didn't think that was right, so I called the customer service number.  The agent I spoke with told me that each Feb. points under 250 expire. 

She apologized that my points expired and said she would reinstate them PLUS another 250 for the inconvenience.  So "in 10 days your account will have 500 points and you can print off a $10 gift card.  Is there anything else I can help you with today?" um...........no.

I ♥ BEST BUY!!!  What great customer service!  Rewards Zone membership is free, they price match, they don't work on commission and as I stated they have amazing customer service.

So the moral of the story is:
  • Loyalty Programs pay off
  • If you question a charge or don't get a credit you think you should....ALWAYS CALL and ask
  • KEEP TRACK OF YOUR RECEIPTS!  Truthfully, I was lucky and Best Buy saved me.  It was my fault for not keeping track of my receipts.
(I was not paid by Best Buy for this review.  These are my own opinions based on my own experiences.) 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read every single one.